The next Summit is so agile and there’s so much room to move around when carving in technical terrain, you’ll be connected to your sled like never before. To create this new standard in effortless mountain riding, we designed the new REV platform and Rotax 850 E-TEC engine together, with you – the rider – at the center of everything.
- 850 E-TEC ENGINE: The next generation of E-TEC engine pumps out 10 more horsepower (165 hp) than its predecessor, but its responsiveness is what really shines. With the new pDrive primary clutch, it’s 30% quicker responding than the 800R E-TEC, giving you the instant control you demand in even challenging conditions. The powerpack is more efficient in every way, and the pDrive includes clickers for easily setting top RPM.
- REV PLATFORM: The 4th generation REV platform is completely redesigned around mountain riders to deliver an incredible new level of handling and agility. Key to the Summit’s agility is the extreme side-to-side mass centralization of this new REV platform. The 850 E-TEC engine is compact and centered between the skis, making the vehicle easier to roll. On top of that, it is 25 lbs (11.3 kg) lighter than the REX-XM platform.
- MOUNTAIN ERGONOMICS: We designed the new Summit to enable you to do more with less effort. The narrow body, beveled tunnel, tank, seat and handlebar controls are extremely compact and narrow for more room to move. And your legs will appreciate the flatter foot position.
- MOUNTAIN-SPECIFIC DESIGNS: We advanced mountain sled design for easier and more predictable handling in all conditions. The 4-in. narrower body panels, bottom pan, tunnel and running boards are designed for optimal interface with snow in mountain maneuvers. An open-tunnel end reduces drag. And the Summit X includes extruded profile running boards to further minimize washout.
- tMOTION AND FLEXEDGE: To reduce roll-up effort, the tMotion rear suspension flexes laterally in the tunnel and the track edges flex. The new tMotion is 2.6 lb (1.2 kg) lighter.
- POWDERMAX LIGHT TRACK: New 3.5 in. (9 cm) pitch reduces weight and increases performance. Exclusive 16-in. (41-cm) wide design and increased distance between lugs add flotation and traction. New lug design is stronger and lighter.