Our objective in developing the next MXZ X was “even more fun and performance.” Its REV Gen4 platform and Rotax 850 E-TEC respond to your every input, your every move – so you get the most responsive, precise, powerful and fun trail sled ever.
- Rotax® 850 E-TEC® engine: Next generation of the most advanced direct-injection two-stroke engine technology. Designed for reliability and durability with proven 4-stroke and diesel technologies.
- MXZ Ergo-Step side panels: Design offers natural progression to three natural positions for different cornering styles, including a new, extreme-forward position.
- pDrive™ clutch: Fast and friction-free dual rollers transfer torque in place of traditional sliding buttons on this 100% new clutch. Ultraresponsive shifting, impressive RPM consistency and lightweight.
- FAR steering: 4 in. / 10 cm of no-tool fore-aft adjustment to customize the riding position instantly.
- Multifunction gauge with LCD screen
- Rotax® 850 E-TEC® engine
- RAS™ 3 front suspension
- REV® Gen4 platform
- pDrive™ clutch
- Forward Adjustable Riser
- Ergo-step side panels
- Open toe-hold
- rMotion™ rear suspension
- 15 x 129 in. track choice; 1.25 in. RipSaw® or 1.25 in. Ice Ripper XT or 1.6 in. Ice Cobra
- KYB® Pro 36 aluminum piggyback rear shock with Easy-Adjust compression adjusters (22 clics)
- HPG™ Plus aluminum front shocks
- Transparent handguards
- Optional Adjustment package including rMotion™ Quick Adjust™ system and Pilot™ TS skis
- Rack steering system
- Rotax® Engine: 850 E-TEC®
- Engine details: Liquid-cooled, electronic R.A.V.E.™
- Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 849 cc / 51.9 in.³
- Bore: 82 mm / 3.2 in.
- Stroke: 80.4 mm / 3.2 in.
- Maximum engine speed: 7,900 RPM
- Carburation: Electronic Direct Injection with additional booster injectors
- Recommended fuel type: Premium unleaded
- Minimum octane: 91
- Fuel tank: 36 L / 9.5 US gal
- Oil tank capacity: 3.4 L / 3.6 qt
- Drive clutch type: pDrive™
- Driven clutch type: QRS
- Engagement: 3,600 RPM
- Small sprocket number of teeth: 27 (Ripsaw, Ice Ripper XT) 25 (Ice Cobra 1.6)
- Large sprocket number of teeth: 45
- Drive sprocket number of teeth: 8
- Drive sprocket diameter: 183 mm / 7.2 in.
- Brake system: Brembo racing brake with stainless-steel braided brake line
- Dry Weight: 215 kg / 475 lb
- Sunburst Yellow/Black
- Vehicle overall length: 3,010 mm / 118.5 in.
- Vehicle overall width: 1,217 mm / 47.9 in.
- Vehicle overall height: 1,222 mm / 48.1 in.
- Ski stance: 1,077 mm / 42.4 in.
- Ski overall length: 1,066 mm / 42 in.
- Track nominal width: 381 mm / 15 in.
- Track nominal length: 3,269 mm / 129 in.
- Track profile height: 31.8 mm / 1.25 in. RipSaw®
- Optional track: 31.8 mm / 1.25 in. Ice Ripper XT; 40.6 mm / 1.6 in. Ice Cobra
- Front suspension: RAS™ 3
- Front shock: HPG™ Plus
- Front suspension max. travel: 233 mm / 9.17 in.
- Rear suspension: rMotion™
- Center shock: HPG™ Plus
- Rear shock: KYB® Pro 36 EA
- Rear suspension max. travel: 272 mm / 10.7 in.
- Frame: REV® Gen4
- Skis: Pilot™ 5.7, Pilot™ TS (optional)
- Seating: Trail performance
- Handlebar: Aluminum with J-hooks
- Riser block height: Adjustable-120 mm / 4.7 in.
- Starter: Electric
- Reverse: RER™
- Heated throttle lever: Standard
- Heated grips: Standard
- Gauge: Multifunction
- Mirrors: Optional
- Windshield: 360 mm / 14 in.
- Runner: Square 3/8
- Carbide configuration: 102 mm / 4 in. at 90°
- Hitch: Optional
- Speedometer: Standard
- Tachometer: Standard
- Fuel: Standard
- Engine temperature: Standard
2018 MXZ X 850 E-tec E.S.
Download Spec Sheet